Sunday, August 22, 2010

Film Noir Stew; it's what's for Sunday Brunch

"She ain't no queen of Sheba."

"She reminds me of the first woman that ever slapped my face."

"The gun's in my head, that's where it is!"

"equestrian games"


THE BIG SLEEP '46
LIBRARIAN: You know you don't look like a man who'd be interested in first editions.
PHILIP MARLOWE: I collect blondes and bottles, too.


THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI '47
MICHAEL O' HARA: Personally, I don't like a girlfriend to have a husband. If she'll fool a husband, I figure she'll fool me.


THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT '40
LANA CARLSEN: Your liver must look like a bomb hit it.
ED J. CARLSEN: Well, you know what I say: live and let liver.


SPELLBOUND '45
DR. ALEX BRULOV: Women make the best psychoanalysts until they fall in love. After that, they make the best patients.


GILDA '46
JOHNNY FARRELL: Statistics show that there are more women in the world than anything else. Except insects.


SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS '57
J.J. HUNSECKER: My right hand hasn't seen my left hand in thirty years.


ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW '59
JOHNNY INGRAM: I can't lose forever.
DAVE BURKE: You'd be surprised.


--JTD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched as many film noirs as I should, but I love 70's Italian Giallos.